Dive deep into the heart of sales and sales leadership with Kevin Lawson and Sean O’Shaughnessey as they unravel the essence of problem-solving in the sales arena. This episode isn’t just about identifying problems but understanding the art of solving them. If you aim to transition from just selling a product to becoming a trusted advisor, this episode is your roadmap.
Key Topics Discussed:
- The importance of becoming a trusted advisor in sales.
- Building and maintaining long-lasting relationships with clients.
- The role of curiosity in understanding a client’s business.
- The significance of being well-read and informed about current business challenges.
- Networking is a tool for gaining insights and asking better questions.
- Kevin: “How you become a trusted advisor is solving a business problem, not selling a product.”
- Sean: “The key to the kingdom is to become a trusted advisor to your client. So that that advisor says, I wonder what Kevin thinks about this.”
- Kevin: “Are you the person who’s reliable? Do you always cancel at the last minute? Do you put somebody to voicemail every time and forget to call them back? That’s a withdrawal from the trusted advisor list.”
- Sean: “The key is don’t just show up as a salesperson. Don’t just show up as a vendor. Show up as an interested third party that is trying to figure out about their business.”
- CEO Workshop: A live video session with Kevin and Sean, focusing on understanding customer businesses and the challenges therein. https://www.linkedin.com/events/ceoworkshop-understandyourclien7106962760084688896/comments/
In this enlightening episode of “Two Tall Guys Talking Sales,” Kevin and Sean emphasize the importance of evolving from a mere salesperson to a trusted advisor. They discuss the nuances of building genuine relationships, the significance of being curious, and the need to be well-informed about the business landscape. Whether you’re a sales newbie or a seasoned professional, this episode offers invaluable insights that can transform your approach to sales. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to elevate your sales game. Tune in now!